Saturday, May 16, 2009

Things I've Learned in the Last Year

I've been thinking alot about some important lessons I've learned over the last year:

1. If you're unhappy with your situation...CHANGE IT! Don't let others determine your happiness, fate or decide whats "best for you." You are the ruler of your destiny.

2. I've learned what it means to finally be in a strong, supportive relationship. And I like it, but it makes me feel silly

3. Breaking a shopping habit is difficult; but do-able. I have my credit card paid off, and money in the bank. It relieves much stress, except doesn't make

4. Stop planning and start living. I used to be so concerned with trying to plan and worry about the future and I realized in a a HAH moment that I should just live NOW. oh for the love of the present.

5. Laugh...alot. Find something that always makes you laugh, and hold on to it...tightly!

6. Before you think its a good idea to stop showing up to work...remember how nice the bi-weekly paychecks were and decide if it was worth the 5 hours of fun you didn't have shopping.

7. Take more time than you think is needed to tell the people in your life that you love them and appreciate them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

These are great!! I just found your blog & love it!

May 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

Thank you! :D I'm happy, this blog was a bit of an experiment since I already have my other one..Hope you keep coming back!

May 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love the list! Seriously all of those are lessons that I am currently learning the hard way and am so glad that you put them on your blog because it has been a good wake up call for me. Excited to follow a new blog and keep up with your adventures!

May 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home