Monday, July 20, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

I haven't posted on here in forever, and I apologize! I've been so busy starting a new job and maintaining Blissful that I have let little ole' Swanky be forgotten. But I'll try my hardest to keep it up.
I'm up and ready to go to work...Its 7:47am and I started the coffee pot, on days off it is most definitely the work of my significant other since I take the opportunity to bury myself deep within the comfort of Egyptian cotton. This is where I arrive at my dilemma. I'm craving a Starbucks. I unfortunately can't recall the last time I was gifted with a steaming, hot soy latte from where I consider a little piece of heaven in a coffee cup. So as I go about making this fulfilling, although deeply unsatisfying cup of coffee, I can't help but to consider drinking my homemade cup and then just happening to stop by the Bucks before work. I mean, lets examine all the reasons why it would be such a fabulous idea:
1. I'm going to work and need an extra boost
2. I'd be helping the economy.
3.Starbucks is launching a new brand that will include serving alcohol at their locations.
4. I don't want a Tall soy latte to go to waste.
5. It's only $5 (Ok, this isn't a good one, but whatever)
6. That's what they made credit for
7. I haven't had one in 2 weeks due to my personal financial crisis
8.I deserve it
9. It would set the mood for my entire day.

Now, I'm a pretty rational person and really take care of my money except for in these instances:
1. If I find a pair of jeans I like because you can't put a price tag on great-fitting denim.
2. Out at a bar and I happen to find a bartender to make us 1 round of shots (or 3 or 4)
3. When I see a big green circle sign with a mermaid in the middle

So....with all my lists made...I'm going to have to say , "STARBUCKS HERE I COME!!! Get your steamers and frothers ready, Lo LO's coming through!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home