Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Laurens Vegan "Fried Rice"

Normally I wouldn't write about some crazy dish I created in the kitchen because I have the oddest food habits ever. But this one was too good and amazing to pass up. I am running a 12km race this weekend and have been trying to keep a really healthy diet for the week leading up to it (I eat healthy most of the time, but this week is my diet on steroids, not actual steriods but just super healthy...you get my point)
I think I may have discovered the most delicious, unbelievably nutritious meal that one could make in under 10 minutes. You heard me right. 10 minutes.

Lauren's Healthy Vegan "Fried Rice" (Serves 1, but you could obviously make this for way more people, I just always cook for myself....sad, I know and most other people eat like shit.)
1 small frying pan
1.2 cup Firm Tofu
1.2 cup packaged frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed)
1.2 cup pre-cooked brown rice (Not that processed white shit, gotta go for the complex carb)
Pinches of Cumin, Carraway, Fennel, and Pepper (I did more of a sprinkling but whatever you like)
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce

Directions:
1.Heat up frying pan, spray with canola oil or any light non-stick spray
2.In a separate bowl, combine spinach, crumbled tofu, and brown rice with fork until mixed but Tofu is still in large chunks.
3.Throw in a frying pan, add spices cook for 5 minutes.
4. drizzle soy sauce over dish, and toss for another 2 minutes in pan.
5. Eat up!! I drank a big glass of green tea water with it. And I've never felt better!!



It's a completely balanced nutritious meal: Protein, iron, complex carbs and yummy spices that help with digestion. All ready in under 10 minutes and uses only 1 small pan. Perfect for college students, or anyone like me who likes to throw things in a pan and call it a meal! It's my healthful version of fried rice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just started to read some of your posts and loved this one! Are you vegan? I'm not sure if I am able to consider myself fully vegan but don't eat animal products including milk, eggs and meat (duh) so this recipe was a great find! i will be trying this out very soon!

November 24, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home