Monday, October 5, 2009

young and LOVIN' the recession!

Want to Save Money? Cheer Up ... I'm loving me some personal finance lately, which you'd know if you read my earlier post on the book, "Common Cents." Well, I read it, subscribed to Forbeswoman.com, and finally opened a Roth IRA account at the ripe old age of; 20. I am officially an investor now and working on my retirement account. My parents couldn't be more proud, especially since they didn't start saving until their 30's and most of that went with the crash. With all the commotion going on in our economy and stock market right now, the irony of it all may be that my generation may benefit the most from it. With that said, the job market may be the only thing holding us back from completely reaping the benefits of this recession.

On paper my personal situation may seem rather dire:
Just over a $1000 in the bank
Don't have a full-time job (Or any job right now at that matter)
Don't have a college degree

But on the other hand, I do have:
An investment account (Finally!)
No student loans to pay off
No credit card debits
Intelligence and creativity

Us 20-somethings have huge opportunities to reap immensely from the recession! Our parents may not be happy with how things panned out, but right now is the perfect opportunity for us to get in at rates and prices lower than they have been in 10 years.
This article from AOLmoney offers the same perspective about how young people should be jumping at the chance to dip their toes in the stock market pool, make important purchases such as cars and invest in real estate. I never thought I'd get so excited over finance! woohoo. :D

 enormous amount of money ...


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home