Monday, November 16, 2009

When Your Pencil Skirt Rips...

Have you ever contemplated what you would do if you were on the way to a very important interview and your new pencil skirt decided to rip all the way down your backside as you stand up to get off the train?
......

I hadn't either, unfortunately, it happened to me. I was headed to my second one-on-one interview at Tiffanys. I wanted to look business-y and sophisticated so I bought a black, stretch pencil skirt from Target. (Note: This was an Australian Target, I hold no sour feelings towards American Targets at all...in fact I love and miss you American Target. You hold a special place in my heart.) Anyways,
I was feeling confident, calm and relaxed going over possible answers to most likely asked interview questions. I even decided to go with my Michael Kors pumps with the adorable studded bows on the front (that my ever-so-sweet BF gifted with me when I won a bowling challenge...completely different story.)
Maybe I hadn't gotten my good karma points in for the week, or maybe I should have thrown a few dollars in the guy sitting next to the train plucking away at his guitar. Whatever it was, I'm not a fan.
As I got off the rush-hour packed train, I was feeling confident and with only 25 minutes before the interview I took long, determined strides. I hate being late and showing up 10-15 minutes early to me is being on time. This would have all worked out well in theory if I hadn't of had the feeling to smooth the back of my skirt out. The new skirt I had jump bought wasn't supposed to feel like butt skin was it? I thought it was Lycra and cotton?
HOLY S&%$!!
IT felt like butt skin because it WAS my butt! My pencil skirts back seam had decided to give way to my ass and give it some air. I didn't want it to get air, but it did...in front of an entire train station full of people. So I darted into the closest restroom to assess the damage.
Disaster. No Easy Fix.
With 20 min. to go I ran to the closest clothing store I knew rather well and raced around grabbing anything black and knee-length. Luckily my extreme shopping-abilities allowed me to quickly and efficiently find an acceptable piece and purchase within the dressing room.
After I got a nod of approval from the saleswoman and ducked out of the store and made my way to my interview with 6 minutes to spare before I considered myself late.
And I was touching my butt the whole way there. You butt just doesn't get over embarrassment like that easily.
......
I returned the stupid skirt and I'm officially boycotting all Australian Targets until I leave the country and return to my homeland of reliable Targets.
...
And when you Pencil skirt rips, when you get home drown your self in rum and get a good laugh/cry in.


*Note: I did in fact get the job I interviewed for. Must have been the shoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a cool post. Thanks for sharing your horror story.

November 17, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home