Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dipping my toes in the financial pool

Well, after a quick trip to Barnes and Noble to pick up Chelsea Handler's book, "Hello vodka, It's me Chelsea" I left with not that title, but a 75% off bargin-bin book that sparked my interest. "Common Cent$" by Nancy Kimelman. I have been focusing on educating myself on finances and all that jazz now that I'm supporting myself and I'm the one in control of my money now.
Common Cents by Nancy J. Kimelman: Book Cover
So as I educate myself (with the helpful, insightful voice of Nancy) on our nation's economy, I want to begin creating budgets and start recording my financial successes (new jobs, savings, etc) and failures (bad choices, poor investments etc) and see how it all works out. It will also be a great teaching tool for my kids on how to or how not to take care of personal finances.
I'll let you know how it goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Suze Orman has a great book for young peeps!

August 1, 2009 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Barefoot in the Park said...

sounds like it will be an eye opening read!

August 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home